Here you’ll find an abundance of supplemental material from nursery rhymes to publications by top professionals as well as links to online resources, children’s bookstores, and comparison shopping sites.
Download ELM Templates
- Brochures– Tri-fold brochure that can be placed around town, include a slip in sheet that has all of your
- Pamphlets– 8.5 x 11 posters to hang around town
- Montana OPI Early Childhood Standards
- Ages and Stages from Iowa State University – Publications that provide information about physical, mental, and social and emotional development of children ages birth to 11. Publications are divided by age group and available in both English and Spanish.
- Wiggles, Tickles and Rhymes booklet from Pierce County Library, Tacoma Washington – 2006. This delightful set of nursery rhymes, movement games and finger plays can be downloaded in sections or its entirety.
- Children’s Home Society of California-Family Education Program has wonderful materials including parenting brochures, growth chart and developmental wheel that they offer in limited quantity for free to organizations in other states.
- National Institute for Literacy Shining Star Series: Preschoolers get ready to Read, Toddlers Get Ready to Read, Literacy Begins at Home: Teach Them to Read These colorful booklets.
- National Institute for Literacy Guide to Performance Management for Community Literacy Coalitions
- Zero to Three This web site has an abundance of resources including wonderful handouts for parents and professionals.
Web Sites for Purchases
- TheFind.com – This is a great search engine for comparative price shopping.
- RetailMeNot.com – This site will look for coupon codes for your purchases.
- FirstBookMarketplace.org – This is an online store selling high-quality children’s books and educational materials at deeply discounted prices to organizations serving children from low-income families
- Scholastic Book Orders – Scholastic often has books that can be purchased for as little as $1. Use Honeybee book club for Toddlers to age 4. Use Firefly book club for preschoolers.